Introduction and General Terms
- what information the PINK LINK LADIES LTD may collect about you;
- how the PINK LINK LADIES LTD will use information we collect about you;
- when the PINK LINK LADIES LTD may use your details to contact you;
- whether the PINK LINK LADIES LTD will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you have provided to us;
What information will be collected about me?
When you sign up to participate in or receive a service from the Pink Link Ladies Ltd website, such as newsletters, blogs, forums, etc we may ask for personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, e mail address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth. Different access levels may ask for different personal information.
By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable the PINK LINK LADIES LTD and its service providers to provide you with the services you select.
Please note that sometimes on particular user level profiles we will require you to provide additional personal information, and sometimes sensitive personal information. When we do this we will specify further on these web pages why we are collecting your information and how we will use it.
How will the information be used?
The PINK LINK LADIES LTD will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- for “service administration purposes”, which means that the PINK LINK LADIES LTD may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for, as set out below (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance);
- contact you about a submission you have made to the websites, including any content you provide.
- to personalise the way PINK LINK LADIES LTD content is presented to you
- IP addresses are used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use; and
- to analyse and improve the services offered on website e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience.Where the PINK LINK LADIES LTD proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for your use other than as listed above.
When will you contact me?
The PINK LINK LADIES LTD may contact you: · in relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that the PINK LINK LADIES LTD can deliver the services to you;
- where you have opted to receive further correspondence;
- in relation to any contribution you have made to the website, e.g. on the forum;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about the PINK LINK LADIES LTD services (participation is always voluntary); and
- for marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this (see below)
Will you share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described below.
Offensive or inappropriate content on the PINK LINK LADIES LTD website
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to the Pink Link Ladies Online Community, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on the website, the PINK LINK LADIES LTD may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where the PINK LINK LADIES LTD reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws of England or Wales (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), the PINK LINK LADIES LTD may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school e-mail/Internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
What if I am a user aged 13 or under?
If you are aged 13 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to the PINK LINK LADIES LTD., website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.How long will you keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with the PINK LINK LADIES LTD. In the case that you wish to cancel your registration as a Pink Link Ladies Limited member, once an account is deleted it is deleted automatically from our database.Where you contribute to the Pink Link Ladies Ltd., website the PINK LINK LADIES LTD will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
Can I find out what personal information you hold about me?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information the PINK LINK LADIES LTD holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
What if I am accessing PINK LINK LADIES LTD websites outside the UK?
Cookies Policy – Information the PINK LINK LADIES LTD collects from you
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a “device”) browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites. Many sites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
Cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor the websites to your interests. Users have the opportunity to set their devices to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these means that certain personalised services cannot then be provided to that user and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the Pink Link Ladies Online Community features. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.