- Beauty Industry (6)
- Business Services (16)
- Charities (8)
- Children (1)
- Colleges and Universities (2)
- Councils (2)
- Creative Industries (13)
- Event Services (11)
- Food and Drink (3)
- General (0)
- Health and Wellbeing (17)
- Home and Garden (3)
- Hotel (4)
- Mama Services (0)
- Pet Care (0)
- Professional Services (17)
- Property (3)
- Retail (10)
- Social Enterprise (0)
- Transport (1)
- Travel Agents (3)
- Tuition (4)
- Workshops and Courses (0)
Welcome To DT Information Governance
Hello, I am Deborah from DT Information Governance. My company is a North-West (Blackpool) based consultancy and training company for information governance – think data protection and you are part way there. My vision is to be a trusted service that makes a difference to businesses and organisations.
With significant experience in the public and private sector, including schools and charities, I provide qualified (I do have a Master of Laws in this subject, but I don’t talk ‘legal’ unless I need to) and quality advice, support, training on a wide range of information legislation. In particular the Data Protection Act, the ‘infamous’ GDPR, Freedom of Information Act, Environmental Information Regulations, as well as CCTV, Information Sharing and so much more. I do this by being knowledgeable and up-to-date, practical and plain speaking.
I can support your business, saving you time and money by ensuring you are compliant with the legislation and have the necessary policies and procedures in place. This allows you and your staff to concentrate on looking after your business and customers.
For all of my training course, I use real-life examples that are tailored to your needs. Interactive ways of learning mean you won’t be bored!. I can create training specifically for your business or you can join a course run locally.
- – Are you unsure about whether you have everything in place for GDPR compliance? Speak to me about ‘health check’ options (an audit in disguise).
- – Do you need policies and procedures?
- – Do you know if you have to notify and pay a fee to the UK regulator, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)?
- – Do you need help liaising with the ICO?
- – Do you need training in data protection (or FOI, EIR etc.), handling requests, DPIA completion?
- – Would you like a Data Protection Officer to support you and your staff?
- – Not sure if your procedures are working. What about a ‘mystery shop’ to test these with a report of findings?
- – Not sure if your CCTV or Body Worn Video (BWV) is compliant with data protection or the Surveillance Camera Commissioner’s Codes, or need help with your self-assessment?
- – For those subject to the FOI Act and EIR, do you have a backlog and need help?
- – Need support with FOI or EIR, or even support with a particularly complex request?
It’s ok to say that “I don’t know what you’re talking about” as I am happy to have a chat and explain more.
Contact me to have a chat about the options available and how I can help. I promise to be honest with you from our first conversation and throughout.