Health Benefits of Hibiscus Drink
The Hibiscus flower drink is brewed in hot water and allowed to cool to make a herbal beverage. Ginger, crushed pimento seeds, lime and sugar to taste can be added to give it a little more spice and flavour. This is also called sorrel. The full health benefits of this drink come from using natural sweeteners such as date syrup.
Drinking Hibiscus drink or tea can also reduce blood pressure, fight bacteria and aid in weight loss. Read more at Her Luxury Wellness.
Top 6 Benefits of Hibiscus
- Hibiscus tea contains powerful antioxidants which may help prevent disease and damage caused by free radicals.
- Providing that it is made without added sugar or sweetener, hibiscus extract could reduce body weight and body fat if consumed.
- Some strains of bacteria that can cause cramping, gas, and diarrhoea may be treated with hibiscus extract.
- The extract of the hibiscus flower prevents plasma, mouth, prostate and stomach cancer cells from growing and spreading.
- In many cases, hibiscus tea can help reduce blood pressure in a safe and natural way.
- Increases drug-detoxification enzymes in the liver and reducing liver damage and fatty liver.