Do you strive to be the best landlord out there, the one whom everyone recommends, the one who never needs to advertise properties to let?
Being a landlord isn’t all about taking the money and running off at the speed of light never to been seen again!
A happy tenant, really does mean a happy landlord.
As a landlord, are you:
• Approachable and friendly
• Easy to contact
• Honest and polite
• Personal and flexible where possible
Important factors for tenants?
• Landlord deals with issues quickly
• Communication, keep the tenant up to speed with timescales of repairs
• Upkeep of the property – would you live there?
• Abide by plenty of notice for entering the property
• Regular communication with landlord/agent
• Meet tenants on time at the viewing or any meetings
• Check property before new tenants move in as a final check
• If you have a superb tenant, they never get in touch with any issues – just check in on them every 3 months to check all is ok
• Treat tenants as you would like to be treated
• Ensure you have all of the correct cover for property and appliances
How does that sound? Need a hand, grab a brew – let’s have a chat!